Friday, July 9, 2010

Like mother, like daughter


In case my daughter ever vowed she wouldn't grow up to be just like me, the joke's on her.

She's exactly like me.

When her husband, Rich, was doing the plumbing for our new bathroom, he noticed that I was doing the laundry and asked if I "snapped" the clothes when they came out of the washer and dryer. Not just shake them out, but snap them.

Well, of course, I said. To get the wrinkles out.

He laughed and said Kristie does that, too. I told him, well, I guess she's a lot like me. And he said, with great emphasis, "Oh, in every way!"

I took that as a compliment. I'm sure that's how he meant it.

Well, in case there is any doubt...last week she was over, and I served her a Woody's bran muffin. (You thought you had heard the end of Woody's bran muffins, didn't you?)

On Sunday, she called and said she had made Woody's bran muffins. But, get this:

She went to the store to buy a large container (like mine) to store the batter, a covered pedestal cake stand (like mine, for the baked muffins), paper doilies for the cake stand (like mine) and a label maker (like mine) so she could label the batter container (like I did).

She wanted to know exactly how I labeled the container so she could do the same.


How do I tell my darling daughter she is just like me?