Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Toilet in the living room

Does anyone else have a toilet in their living room? Well, we do (non-functioning, of course).

Today is Day 1 of a major bathroom renovation. The plumber (our wonderful son-in-law, Rich) was here all morning disconnecting the plumbing, removing the toilet, sink and vanity and bathtub fixtures.

I'm so glad I had just cleaned the bathtub as it was a beautiful sparkly white when the plaster dust and tile chips landed in it.

Here is the "before" look of the ugly bathroom.



I especially love the swag light fixture.


The entire bathroom is circa 1970s when the condominium was built. It has served us well, but face it - when it's time, it's time. We're ready to bring it up to the 21st century. And brushed nickel is so 21st century.

I am not particularly good with construction projects, being a bit short in the patience department. Although I love a good challenge (as in my volunteer library project), I dislike disruption. With the library project, I can at least come home to an orderly house.

Well, I could before today.

Now I have a toilet in the living room.