Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nature's call

Bathroom renovation, day 2: My house is looking like a disaster area and smelling like plaster dust. But progress is evident.

Today I was able to help Bob, our contractor and carpenter (as well as our very good long-time friend), by following the saw as it cut through the walls with the shop vac to catch the plaster particles. It did take some training. Does that qualify for carpenter pay?

We only have one bathroom. That creates an obvious problem.

Thanks to my wonderful former neighbor, whose condo unit at the end of the hall is vacant, for allowing us to take over her bathroom. And we have.

But picture us traipsing down the hall in our jammies to answer nature's call in the middle of the night. I am reasonably certain everyone was asleep as it was very quiet and almost spooky...yet there I was actually tiptoeing down the hall in my slippers.

Are we almost done yet?