Monday, January 17, 2011

Ups and downs

Being in Mesa, Arizona in January is just about the most wonderful thing I could imagine. One beautiful, sunny day after another leaves little to complain about.

In fact, I can only think of one teensy complaint. But it's a daily source of frustration.

Of course, I brought my own computer and its associated gadgets from home. But to get online, I need to come to the park's library where there is Wi-Fi. Now this is a delightful and short three-block walk and a great reason to just be out and about.

The library is quiet, cozy and comfortable. It has excellent high-speed internet access with computers and a printer available for common use, as well as space to sit and electrical outlets if you bring your own equipment.


So, the problem?

I feel completely disconnected from life.

You know how it is. When you want to send an email, you want to do it NOW. When you want to look something up, you want to do it NOW. When you want the weather forecast? The news? A price on something? Yup. NOW.

Hopefully, I will find a remedy soon to get wireless connection in our little mobile home. Thinking my techie grandchildren can help me with this, I'll place an SOS call to them. And you'll hear from me on Cranberry Tree more often.

Now that could be good or bad...