Friday, January 26, 2024

Here comes the sun


I woke this morning to sunshine streaming through the windows. 

Which pretty much tells you I wasn’t up at the crack of dawn. More like the crack of 9.  My Facebook friends post beautiful photos of the morning sunrise and I thank them because it’s the only way I’ll ever see that early morning phenomenon.

Anyway, it was wonderful to see that sunshine after the past several days of rain and cloud cover. Funny how it changes one’s mood and increases the energy level. I still love rainy days but there comes a point where I’ve had enough. 

So during the rainy days, I finished the church newsletter, caught up on the laundry, baked a big batch of bran muffins (recipe below) and did my share of relaxing.

I’ve been going through my roommate’s filing system. Actually, there was no system, just a lot of papers in folders going back to the beginning of time in no particular order. She and I carefully looked them over, filled a garbage bag and she advised me what file the surviving paperwork should go in for easy access.

She had hanging folders but no plastic tabs, so a trip to OfficeMax remedied that and I made labels with my handy-dandy Brother label maker. I bet you didn’t know my nickname is Label Queen. I label everything. When I labeled the refrigerator shelves (milk, the cheese drawer, vegetable crisper, deli shelf and leftover stuff shelf), my husband declared it “over the top” and just shook his head. 

Really? Do you think so? Can’t be too organized, I always say.

Here is the recipe for the bran muffins. Grab a BIG mixing bowl and remember, this mixture can be refrigerated for six weeks. But be sure to label them so you know the date you made them. 

And thanks for reading my random thoughts. You can also join as a Follower. You don’t get a discount but it’s nice for me. heehee