Saturday, December 11, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Oh, it doesn't show signs of stoppin'
But we've got some corn for poppin'


It started at midnight last night. White, fluffy flakes swirling around, and now blowing in the wind. You can hear it howling away outside.

It is so very beautiful. A winter wonderland in Minnesnowta.

It is also canceling travel plans all over the state. Warnings have been issued to stay off the roads unless absolutely necessary. Our own family plans were postponed until tomorrow as my children and grandchildren planned their annual gift opening celebration today.

But everything will keep and we'll be together then, presumably all safe and sound. And we will celebrate in our usual festive style.

So today is wide open.

Hmmmmm, what shall I do with myself? The options are many.

Bake cookies?
Knit?
Read my new book? "Fall of Giants" ... a mere 985 pages.
Stitch?

Snow days can be so deliciously lazy. Permission to do anything not associated with real work. I love these snowy days, just as I love a good thunderstorm in summer. It's all about permission to lay low without feeling guilty.

I think I'll bake some sugar cookies, pop some Kettle Corn, and read the afternoon away.

In that order.

Without feeling a tinge of guilt.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!