Saturday, November 27, 2010

'Tis the Season

Christmas carols playing in the background.
Fa-la-la-la-lah
Wrapping paper and bows spread out over the dining room table. The living room couch lined with gifts awaiting their wrappings.


Christmas cards stacked in boxes. Holiday stamps purchased from the post office last week. Annual letter written.

Yes, I know. It's only two days after Thanksgiving...

But I am in the mood for Christmas. And it's a good thing. Our schedule is a bit accelerated this year. My family will celebrate on December 11th to adjust to kids' working schedules, who's available when, and so on.

Our annual holiday outing for the girls in my family at the Ordway Center is December 19. (This year: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.)

And in between times, we will be packing for our trip to Mesa for the remainder of the winter.

So from now until then, I'll be sharing a bit of the season with you. There are a couple of craft projects I'll teach you, and a few family recipes and traditions.

So get ready!

Twenty-eight days until Christmas. A magical time, a time of wonder and joy, and my favorite time of year.